11 November 2012

FRENCH TOAST MUFFINS


Like I've said before, I'm always drawn to recipes online that have pretty pictures, so when I found this a few weeks back I had to pin it.  Chris was hesitant at first, saying he'd prefer regular french toast or my special home fries instead.  So, like usual, I ignored him and made them anyway.  {and the potatoes}  They. Were. Amazing.  I didn't have any nutmeg so I used vanilla instead which I think made them sweeter and more delicious.  Before serving I dusted them with powdered sugar and we dipped them in regular old syrup.   De-lish!

Here is the recipe from Treasures & Travels 

Ingredients:
1/3 c. butter (melted)
1/2 c. sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. nutmeg {I used vanilla}
1/2 c. milk

Topping:
1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 c. butter (melted)

Instructions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350F.
2.  Sift together all dry ingredients
3.  Add wet ingredients & stir until just combined.  **Do not overmix**
4.  Scoop batter into greased muffin tins
5.  Bake for 20-25 minutes, until edges turn golden
6.  Mix together cinnamon & sugar in small bowl for topping
7.  Melt 1/2 c. of butter and put in another small bowl
8.  Dip the top of the muffin (or roll the whole muffin!) in the melted butter
9.  Roll in the cinnamon+sugar mixture
10.  Let cool

Recipe makes 8 muffins


1 comment: